Tuesday 4 March 2014

Card and Purse

Mum's birthday present Part Two!

I decided to make a purse that I'd seen in a new crochet book I bought a few weeks ago, Nicki Trench's Crochet with Flowers. It has a fabric lining and I knew exactly what fabric to use.

My grandma used to design fabric and my cousin Karen over at Reinvintaged has had a roll printed. The fabric's called Phyllis (after my grandma) and I couldn't wait to use it.


I made a card using a swatch of fabric and crocheted flowers to match the purse and added a couple of embellishments.


Luckily I came across some wool which matched the fabric perfectly!


A flower embellishment.


The matching pair!

I loved putting this together and if I can get my act together I may make some more for pressies throughout the year!

I recommend anyone interested in vintage clothes to visit Karen at Reinvintaged - she has some fabulous patterns and make up prices are so reasonable.

Linking at
The fabulous Handmade Monday
Made by You Monday
Crafting Along
Life on Lakeshore Drive
Kathewithane

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Monica. I love to crochet too and this bag is stunning. I have just finished molly's blanket and added some of those flowers to finish it off. Off for a look at Reinvintaged. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and bag - I wish I could crochet - my nan, mum and sister all tried to teach me but just can't get the hang of it!!!! Your cousin's dresses are beautiful too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely Sharon & how wonderful to have your grandmas fabric designs reprinted.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous fabric.Your grandma was a very talented lady xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous gift, I love the co-ordinating of the card and purse, it looks very stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colour coordination between the card and present is just to die for. Love the use of crochet on greetings cards too. Lovely all round! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment-I really appreciate it!